Last modified: 26 November 2019
This Christmas Day, the consumers with coeliac disease will not fall through the cracks. They will be able to indulge with this gluten-free chocolate Yule Log. This recipe makes about 4 servings.
¼ cup cream 35% 2 oz semi sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
½ cup gluten-free flour 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder 2 eggs ½ cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
1 cup icing sugar 2 tablespoons cocoa ½ cup softened butter ½ à 1 tablespoon cream 35 %
1. Heat cream slowly. When it starts to simmer, remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Mix until the chocolate melts .
2. Leave to cool in the refrigerator about 1 hour. The ganache should not freeze.
3. Beat the ganache with an electric mixer.
1. Heat the oven at 3750C.
2. Butter a 9 x 13-inch pan and place a buttered parchment paper. Let it hang over.
3. In a bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder. Set aside.
4. In an another bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer and gradually add the sugar. Add the vanilla. Beat about 5 minutes.
5. Stir the dry ingredients into the previous mixture and add the softened butter.
6. Spread the pastry and cook 9 minutes.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and turn it over on a parchment paper powdered with icing sugar. Remove the parchment paper which have been used for baking. Gently roll up the cake with the parchment paper over its full length. Let cool the cake.
8. Carefully unroll the cake and spread the ganache over the whole surface. Then, roll it.
Mix the butter with the icing sugar and the cocoa. Add the cream until you obtain a creamy mixture. Glaze the cake and decorate it. Store the cake in the refrigerator.
Enjoy it and Merry Christmas!